Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
2013 - May all your thread dreams be fulfilled this year

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Top Down Knitting and Lace Shawl

It seems like I have caught the knitting bug. Originally I wanted to knit a rounded cropped Bolero jacket. Whilst searching the Internet  for patterns I came across this Top Down Feather and Fan Cardigan. I was intrigued. Once I started to knit, there was just no stopping me......


I made three since the beginning of June...

The first one was knitted with one thread of bamboo and one thread cotton. Just some yarn I had in my stash. This is a very light summer top.


I tried to adjust the pattern to be slightly rounded at the front. 


Once it was finished I thought I could try again and improve my knitting skills.


This one is knitted with a 80% Wool - 20% Cotton mix
I just love the Feather and Fan Lace pattern.
(Yay, I can knit lace!!!!)

Next I wanted to make a thicker winter cardigan.


And, as you can see, I tried more lace patterns.


This one is knitted with 100% Merino Wool.

I am very pleased with the way they turned out.  
It is quite chilly here in South Africa and therefore the perfect weather for knitting. 
I so enjoy to knit in the evenings and I'll have to hurry up because the hot weather is just around the corner. As of September it will be too hot to knit  :(

I am also busy crocheting a lace shawl.






The yarn I'm using is Malabrigo Baby Lace  
100% Merino Wool Lace Yarn from Malabrigo Yarns of Uruguay 
Colour: Indicieta
available   here
I'm using a 4.5mm crochet hook
Pattern: South Bay Shawlette available here



2 comments:

Linda said...

These are all gorgeous. I love them. I've got the knitting bug myself, but am yet to try to top down way. Thanks for sharing such lovely work. Cheers.

Marmalady said...

I can only recommend you try the top down way. I am completely hooked. There is no sewing together of the pieces as the joining happens automatically as you knit. I just love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover