Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
2013 - May all your thread dreams be fulfilled this year

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Blackwork Bird

Today I want to show you one of my Blackwork designs.
I never got round to having it framed properly, maybe that should be one of my New Years resolutions.


I found the picture of the bird in an old stained glass design book and traced it onto 28ct evenweave fabric.

I first worked all the outlines in stem stitch.


Then I filled each area with a different blackwork pattern.

I used all sorts of different threads, Silk, DMC, Varigated, Goldwork etc.


The outer ring was worked under a magnifying lamp, over one thread. 

That's it for today, keep stitching..... :)





4 comments:

Linda said...

This is a really lovely piece of blackwork, good design, well balanced, congratulations.

cucki said...

hello dear, its me cucki..yayyyyyyyyy ia m so happy that we found each other..finally a friend for me in south africa..
i am your new follower and friend too now..
your stitching is looking so lovely..beautiful work..
sending you big hugs..
it is raining here and i love rain,..
hugs cucki xx

Marmalady said...

Hello again Cucki :)
Yes, I felt the same way when I found you. There seem to be very few south african ladies posting on blogs.
Thank you for following my blog. I am following yours also.

Catherine of Russian Blackwork said...

Really a fresh Blackwork piece! I like Blackwork in colors! Yours is lovely! Good job!
Catherine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover