Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
2013 - May all your thread dreams be fulfilled this year

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Rag Rug

Hello again! I have been busy recycling my old t'shirts as well as some t'shirting material I had lying around for a few years. The pattern on the material was so out of fashion that it could not really be used for anything....
But, as it was still brand new, ( one of those purchases), I kept it at the back of the cupboard for many years. ( Bad conscience, lol)
 I am glad I did!
The other day I was surfing around the internet and came across a recycling website. I was totally inspired by the use of old t'shirts to crochet rugs.



Rolfi is very happy with his rug.


The tshirts are cut into 2cm wide strips and then, with a giant crochet hook, (I carved my own because I could not source one in South Africa over the internet. Remember, I live in the bundus...)
you crochet away. It is really quick and easy and the t'shirt yarn feels real soft in your hands.


The metal crochet hook in this picture is a size 6.5mm and I guess my carved one is about size 10mm.
Hope I inspired you a bit......
The possibilities with this type of crochet are endless....

Here are some links that might interest you:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover