Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
2013 - May all your thread dreams be fulfilled this year

Friday, December 23, 2011

Poppies



 I haven't forgotten about the Poppies. How could I? It took me the better part of 2011 to stitch them all.



They are done in long and short stitch, some french knots, stem stitch, and a few odd straight and lazy daisy stitches. I used DMC threads.


The plan is to cover a lamp shade with the embroidery. I saw it in an old "Anna", an embroidery magazine from Germany, and fell in love with it. As it happens, one of the  embroidery competition articles at our Women's Agricultural Union is long and short stitch. So I thought I'd give it a try.
There are 9 Poppies and some buds in this design.....


Now that I'm finally finished with the embroidering part of the article, I have sleepless nights, thinking and planning on how to get the lampshade covered without making a total mess. The magazine has no instructions included. Phew......????


Wish me luck.....
Any ideas are very welcome, I appreciate your comments....

.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover