Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
2013 - May all your thread dreams be fulfilled this year

Friday, June 17, 2011

Wessex Embroidery

is a very old type of embroidery which is thought to have originated in medieval England. 


It is made up of a sort of counted background motive which is then woven with another thread to form little flowers.




 I decided to make a little needle book and team the Wessex embroidery with some of my own ideas.
It is worked on 28ct evenweave fabric.



 I used variegated Chameleon threads and added some petite beads around the border as well as a little verse on the back of the booklet
.

Feel free to print and use the pattern below. Please bear with me, I am still learning about adding photos to my blog. Below is a scanned copy of the design. I have no idea how to convert designs out of EasyCross to put up on my blog yet. Will practice though.



Enjoy your stitching.....:)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover